Automating your business processes saves time and money
Electronic Data Interchange, or EDI, is a process that allows the electronic flow of information between business partners.
By using EDI you can replace paper documents such as purchase orders, invoices, shipping notifications, and integrate your receiving and payment processes with your suppliers.
Why choose EDI?
EDI has been in existence for many years, and some larger organizations and big box stores will only conduct business through EDI transactions. Therefore, if you are unable to conduct business in this manner, you may be losing business opportunities.
It is also very likely that many of your suppliers, and customers (and maybe even your competitors) are already using EDI to process their transactions.
How can EDI help you?
Even with the use of computers, your retail business may still have the need to enter data manually to carry out its business processes. This can be time consuming and may lead to errors.
xocbox provides you with an affordable, fully integrated EDI system, eliminating data entry and enabling you to transmit documents directly to your suppliers and customers.
Some of the advantages of EDI
- Reduction in the number of errors caused by mistakes taking phone and fax orders
- More accurate transaction handling and processing
- Business transactions can be carried out more quickly
- Reduction in administrative costs
- Employees have more time available to work on higher level tasks
- Reduction in paper, printing and storage costs
- Increased warehouse efficiency
- More efficient drop ship method
- More visibility of shipments
How xocbox can help you
Whether your business is small or mid-sized, xocbox can guide you through the EDI process, and offer you a solution to suit your business goals.
xocbox provides EDI solutions for retailers and suppliers, and can help you with:
- 810 Invoice
- 850 Purchase Order
- 832 Product Catalog
- 856 Advanced Shipping Notice
- 846 Inventory Inquiry
- 852 Product Activity Data
- 855 Purchase Order Acknowledgment
- 860 Purchase Order Change
- 870 Order Status
- GS1-128 bar code shipping labels
- Support bar code scanned customer information, such as ASN
- 997 Acknowledgement
If you are interested in automating your processes, and adding more efficiency to your business, but not sure whether EDI is the right solution for you, please let us know, and we would be happy to discuss your options.